There are some crucial signs that indicate that you need to take a break from your life. When you give yourself the permission to take a break (no matter how short) you will discover a higher sense of awareness, you will have more clarity in your mind and you will create space to be inspired and creative.
By creating a mini-pause you will find a breathing space where you can build your strength, nourish your spirit and develop your resilience to life’s day to day demands. You discover a fresh new perspective as if clicking the reset button to your whole life.
Each of the following signs could be telling you that you need to create a breathing space for you to refresh and recharge:
20 Signs Why You Need to Take a Break
- Tired all the time
- Overwhelmed by the list you have made of things to be done
- You have no time to do the things you love and feel resentful
- The day just disappears too quickly, time has quickened
- You feel guilty spending time with you family rather than working
- You never seem to get outside in the fresh air even on a sunny day
- You have no time for exercise: yoga, walking
- You feel irritated by others doing the things they love
- You are not eating properly
- Your home feels like another demand on your time rather than a haven of peace
- Your never more than an arm’s length from your mobile phone
- You are becoming a caffeine addict
- You can’t get through your evening without a glass of wine
- You wake in the middle of the night and find it difficult to go back to sleep
- You are too tired for intimacy
- You spend your weekend in recovery
- Feeling negative and spending more time worrying
- You are putting yourself last on a list of priorities
- You feel you have to justify your time
- You feel you are letting yourself down
We can abstain from counterproductive routines that have taken us away from ourselves so that we may reconnect and create more freedom and choice. We can also become more mindful when we return to our everyday activities, or ways of being, and appreciate the quality of the time that is spent upon them.
Fasting is usually associated with abstaining from food, but you can fast from many aspects of daily life; habits that take up our time and take us away from our inner being. E.g. abstinence from computers, mobiles, television, music, working, house-work. You may have been spending too much of your time in a particular frame of mind, negativity, worry, anxiety and depressed. There are many things in life that occupy our precious time. It is a great idea to create a break, a pause, a fast, into your life so that you can retune and reawaken.
Freedom Fasting (fasting in order to free yourself) acts as a holistic cleanse and helps you to recognise your possible addictions or unhealthy habits. It brings more spiritual awareness and a greater sense of inner peace, it will also make you aware of your own resistance. In this form of fast you are holding space to discover your own obstacles that stand in your way from receiving great abundance through connecting to the boundless life force energy that surrounds you in every moment.
A Mindful Morning: Freedom Fasting
During your time of Freedom Fasting you can lend your focus to more spiritual aspects of your life in the form of spiritual practice. You can use this time for affirmation, prayer, reading uplifting material, breath work, yoga, or just nothing, just being. You can use this time for giving love, attention and connecting to yourself and to your loved ones.
- Awaken with a smile to greet your day
- Reiki Self-Healing while still in bed
- Read uplifting books, articles
- Yoga for restoration
- Dry body brush, shower
- Essential Oil body massage
- Green Tea and Porridge with honey for breakfast
- Get more sleep
- Detox and eat healthier food.
- Plan your menus and enjoy the preparation of your meals.
- Meditate and be more mindful through the day
- Get creative in your home, garden or an enjoyable project
- Sit quietly and listen to the sounds around you
- Fill your day with gratitude for all the blessings that surround you
When I take a mini-break, I like to abstain from sound so that I can feel the quiet within and around me. It allows space for the flow of thoughts and connection to my breath, my heart and the moment. It becomes an observation place for allowing all to flow without resistance. I can tune into a peaceful vibration, take my focus inwards and deeply connect within. It is a place of contentment, freedom and detachment.
If It Doesn’t Nourish Your Soul Let It Go!
I invite you to choose something in your life that is taking up a lot of your valuable time whether it be your frame of mind or a particular activity and take a break, a pause, to Freedom Fast.
Notice through gentle observation if any resistance occurs for you during this fast, observe without judgement. Do particular obstacles arise and stand in your path for finding space, time and peace?
What can you actively do about these obstacles that are taking away your time?
During this fast choose something you enjoy and build your ‘me-time’, that precious time for yourself and your wellbeing.
“Every person needs to take one day away. A day in which one consciously separates the past from the future. Jobs, family, employers, and friends can exist one day without any one of us, and if our egos permit us to confess, they could exist eternally in our absence. Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.”
– Maya Angelou
“Experience, appreciate and love yourself. Care about your own needs. There are benefits in both work and rest, find the balance between the two and you will have a happy life.”
You have the permission to rest. You are not responsible for fixing everything that is broken. You do not have to try to make everyone happy. For now, take time for you. It’s time to replenish.
“People, even more than things have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed.”
– Audrey Hepburn
Creating Your Life from the Inside Out
Use the above to create your own practice, to nourish and balance your Soul energy and so create the Life you were meant to live! Creating a Life of Flow! You will resonate at a higher frequency and attract to you the same, thus flowing in resonance with The Law of Attraction.
“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly!”
You can begin today to heal your life from the Inside Out. ~ Jules
Further reading links created with love:
I hope this Blog – 20 Signs Why You Need to Take a Break – has served you in some way, please comment below and let me know how you feel, think or what you intuit from reading this Blog.
I love to hear from you x
Come and join me in our free Facebook Group ‘Chakra Soul Sisters’ click here if you want to discover more about living a more heart-centred life, discovering the life you were meant to live and how to achieve it, living your life from the inside out. We would love to share with you – come and visit – you will love it!
Jules Blythe is a former Corporate Training & Development Consultant and now runs her own practice in France working online as a Master Energy Practitioner and Holistic Life Coach. She helps people to become empowered to create their lives from the Inside Out and to discover their True Purpose, so that they can create more, peace, love and happiness in their lives. .
THE CHAKRA HOUSE